Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Today has been a sweet day of reflection for me. Reflecting on what was and what is, and what is to come. I LOVE being a mother. I am in awe of the privilege and honor I've been given, that the Lord would entrust these three wonderful souls to my care. The last few months have been pretty intense between the Lord and I, going over things that happened in my own childhood and why my relationships with my parents are the way that they are now. In the midst of dealing with my own pain and loss, I can't help but praise the only One who can turn ashes to beauty and tears to praise. I have three beautiful children. Happy. Secure. Free. Loved. These are the faces of my restoration.

















This song has been playing in my head all day long. I thought about typing out the lyrics, but you'd probably much more enjoy seeing and hearing them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F--hYTDXFk

How would I know the morning, if I knew not midnight?

My heart leaps within me. To my Horizon:

Thank you, thank you! Thank you, thank you!

You are sunrise.















Instead of their shame my people will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace they will rejoice in their inheritance; and so they will inherit a double portion in their land, and everlasting joy will be theirs.
Isaiah 61:7







Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands, your walls are ever before me. Your sons hasten back, and those who laid you waste depart from you. Lift up your eyes and look around; all your sons gather and come to you. As surely as I live, declares the Lord, you will wear them all as ornaments; you will put them on, like a bride.
Isaiah 49:18




No comments:

Post a Comment